UNION, N.J. (1/28/15) – The Kean University department of athletics announced on Wednesday that it will open its nomination process for the Benisch Athletic Hall of Fame to the public. Begun in 1981, the Hall of Fame was established to honor the men and women who have brought distinction both to themselves and to the University through their participation in Kean Athletics.
Since the 10-person Charter Class of ’81, a total of 117 members of the Kean community have been enshrined in the Hall of Fame. There has not been an induction class since 2010, but a new one is scheduled for early this year.
To facilitate the search for deserving candidates, the department of athletics will have a continuous open nomination form at http://www.keanathletics.com/information/hall_of_fame/HallOfFameBallot
Please keep in mind that to be eligible for induction, a person must meet all of the following Criteria for Athletic Hall of Fame Selection:
1. They participated in intercollegiate athletics.
2. They have embodied the highest ideals of amateur athletic competition.
3. They have in the course of their undergraduate athletic career, either through sustained performance or specific achievement, distinguished themselves so conspicuously as to set them apart from their contemporaries.
4. They must have made a significant and lasting contribution to the University’s athletic program through service, leadership, or professional achievement. The contribution must be of such magnitude that it clearly sets the person apart from his or her peers.
5. They graduated from Kean at least five years ago.